- 1.5 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 box frozen french toast sticks, cut in half (I use Murray's brand)
- 1cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut french toast into pieces while frozen
- Layer 9x13 pan with brown sugar
- Lay french toast in sugar in a single layer
- In a large bowl, whisk cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, and water.
- Cover french toast with mixture
- Leave in refrigerator overnight for creamier texture.
- When ready to bake, sprinkle top of french toast with white sugar.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, then broil top of bake for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Post a Comment