- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 sleeve of Saltine Crackers or Graham Crackers
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- Toppings such as pretzels or M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil that has been sprayed with Pam or a similar cooking spray.
- Lay out the crackers in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the 1 cup of butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar to a boil in a pan. Keep stirring the mixture constantly until it is well blended. Once it is blended let it boil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- When the toffee is done, it will pull away from the edge of the pan easily. You can then pour the toffee over the top of the crackers and spread it out. It sets quickly, so try to spread it as much as you can.
- Immediately place the covered crackers in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- After this time, pull out the crackers and let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- After it has cooled for 5 minutes sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips. They will start to melt but if they don’t melt fast enough, just place the pan back in the oven for a minute or two. When the chips are soft, spread the chocolate around with a spatula. Smooth it out across the top to make it look pretty!
- At this step, I decided to add some crushed pretzels and M&M's on top of the melted chocolate. I have also heard of adding nuts or crushed peppermint candy on top. The choice is yours!
- Now you are pretty much done! Let the pan set for 4-5 hours. If you are in a rush like I usually am, you can put the pan in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes.
- When the chocolate is set turn the pan over, let the crackers turned candy fall out and break into pieces.
- ENJOY and share only if you want!!!!!!
Post a Comment