I am totally guilty of eating raw cookie dough, despite the warnings against it. I'm sure I'm not the only one, go ahead, admit it!
I found this dessert dip on Lynsey Lou's via Shugary Sweets that takes the guilt out of eating raw cookie dough. I made this last week for Mason's birthday party and several people asked for the recipe before leaving.
One the side, I served it with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, and pretzels. Each combination was a winner!
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 oz (1 bar) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 3/4 Cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 (8oz) bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups or 8 regular size peanut butter cups cup up in pieces
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and place over low-medium heat. Stir mixture occasionally until butter is completely melted. Once the butter has melted whisk to combine, until sugar is dissolved into the butter. Bring the mixture to a boil then immediately remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Set mixture aside and allow to cool.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream in a small bowl and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl and beat until creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the mixing speed to low and slowly pour the peanut butter mixture into the cream cheese, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Once the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups are mixed in, fold in the whipping cream.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.