If you entered the Giveaway, you might be in luck! Truly Custom Cakery has graciously offered another pair of tickets to the SAVOR event happening this week in Philly! The winner of this second pair of tickets is Linda S!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
If you love food as much as I do, then you will LOVE this event! On February 3, 2011, the 3rd Annual Savor Event is happening. Sample fare from the regions premier restaurants from the Main Line to Bucks County to Philadelphia.
What's so great about this besides the food? This annual event Benefits Philabundance! All they ask is that you please bring a nonperishable food item for Philabundance. You will also be entered to win hundreds of dollars in restaurant gift certificates!
Here's the details:
Date: Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
Location: Crystal Tea Room, Wanamaker Building,
100 Penn Square East
Philadelphia, Pa 19107
Tickets: $20.00* / $30.00 at the door
*Open-Bar also included in ticket price.
The Crystal Tea Room, Victory Beers, Barefoot Wines,
Philadelphia Distilling - Bluecoat Gin & PENN 1681 Rye Vodka
Select Event Rentals
Back2Life presented by Brandywine Valley Talent
SAVOR Restaurant/Food Participants to date:
A La Maison
Bobolink Dairy & Bakeyard
Chabaa Thai Bistro
Crystal Rose Catering
Desserts by Dana
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar- Radnor/Marlton
Funky Lil' Kitchen
Green Valley Inn
Mel's on the Hill
One Village Coffee
Truly Custom Cakery
Twenty 9 Restaurant & Bar
Valley Green Inn
Thanks to Truly Custom Cakery you can win a pair of tickets! Do you live in the Philadelphia Region? Wanna win a pair of tickets for yourself? Fill out the form below today. This Giveaway only runs until Friday, 1/28/11 at 10:00pm. Please note: Your address is only for mailing purposes for the tickets. You will not receive any additional mailings from us.
The winner of the SAVOR Giveaway is G Damis. Congratulations!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I haven't baked muffins in a LOOONG time, so I thought I'd try a new recipe posted on WebMD.com from Foodily.com. I was not disappointed and you won't be either!
I always edit the recipe to my particular taste. For this one, I didn't add the walnuts. I also used vanilla extract since I didn't have any Calvados.
It was still delicious!!!
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, quartered, then diced
1/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
2 large eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons Calvados (optional)For topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place cupcake liners inside a 12-cup standard muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add diced apples and walnuts, tossing to coat.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt, butter and Calvados (if using) in a small bowl. Gently fold the liquid mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Don’t over mix or muffins will be tough. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle a little of the mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake until muffins are brown around edges and spring back when touched, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove muffin pan to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Then, turn out muffins onto the wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Total Servings: 12
Nutritional Information Per ServingCalories: 364.1
Carbohydrates: 60.3 g
Cholesterol: 52.6 mg
Fat: 11.2 g
Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Sodium: 336.0 mg
Protein: 7.0 g
Monday, January 24, 2011
No More Rack is a really cool website and the concept is so simple! Basically each day at 12:00pm, 8 fantastic deals go up for grabs. The catch..the deals are only good for one day. These deals are so hot that they usually sell out very quickly!
So you are probably wondering how this works. How can the prices be so low? No More Rack is dedicated to searching for the best deals possible. Some of the merchandise comes from cancelled orders, overrun/overstock product and manufacturer closeouts. All of the products are brand new and guaranteed authentic. Purchasing products from these sources allows No More Rack to buy at deep-discounts that they then pass on to you.
You can start getting these great deals today! And, for a limited time, when you sign up, you will get $10.00 to start shopping! I didn't need to enter a promo code when I signed up. I was automatically credited with my free $10.00. If it does ask you for a promo code, P1070 will work.
Here is what you have to do:
- Start adding the items you want into your shopping basket. Don't hesitate because remember these deals are ONE day only!
- When you're ready to checkout you'll be asked to create a profile if you haven't already done so. Then you go through the usual order placement details; name, address, email etc... This generates your personalized profile for you so next time you come back we'll already know who you are – one less step for future shopping visits!
- Confirm your purchase and make payment by using a credit card - Visa or MasterCard. You'll receive your confirmation email shortly. Now you're done!