I haven't baked muffins in a LOOONG time, so I thought I'd try a new recipe posted on WebMD.com from Foodily.com. I was not disappointed and you won't be either!
I always edit the recipe to my particular taste. For this one, I didn't add the walnuts. I also used vanilla extract since I didn't have any Calvados.
It was still delicious!!!
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, quartered, then diced
1/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
2 large eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons Calvados (optional)For topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place cupcake liners inside a 12-cup standard muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add diced apples and walnuts, tossing to coat.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt, butter and Calvados (if using) in a small bowl. Gently fold the liquid mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Don’t over mix or muffins will be tough. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle a little of the mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake until muffins are brown around edges and spring back when touched, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove muffin pan to a rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Then, turn out muffins onto the wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Total Servings: 12
Carbohydrates: 60.3 g
Cholesterol: 52.6 mg
Fat: 11.2 g
Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Sodium: 336.0 mg
Protein: 7.0 g