Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf tin with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and chop into large pieces. Boil until tender. Drain and mash. Add melted butter, milk, and egg and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
For this recipe, I used sweet potato that I oven baked and pureed in a blender. It works that same as boiling and mashing the sweet potato.