I kind of stumbled upon this recipe one day while I was trying to come up with something new. Pork chops....what to do with them? I searched crunchy pork chop recipes, but I didn't like any one recipe I saw. So, as usual, I took the best of each recipe and came up with my own! This recipe was a hit with my family and so easy!
- 2 to 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Egg and 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1 Cup Herb Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and whatever spices you like on your chops to taste. I use Rosemary and Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the thick white fat off the pork chops, cutting carefully around the outside edge. Lay the chops between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and, using a mallet beat them until the meaty part of the chop is about half as thick.
- Beat the egg in a shallow wide bowl with the salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. On a large plate or platter, combine the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese.
- Press each of the chops into the egg mixture, coating either side. Then dip the egg covered chops into the bread crumbs, covering them evenly.
- Place in a shallow pan lined with tin foil and drizzle the melted butter over the coated pork chops.
- Bake in the oven at 400 for 30-35 minutes, or until the juices run clear.