In case you were looking for the list of recalled Fisher Price items, here you go! I was surprised to find that I actually have one of the items recalled sitting in my family room right now, the Baby Playzone Crawl & Cruise Playground! Yikes, that is scary. I guess the inflatable ball will be removed ASAP!
WASHINGTON (AP) - September 30, 2010 -- Fisher-Price is recalling more than 10 million tricycles, toys and high chairs over safety concerns. The Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that two of the products being recalled involved injuries.
In the recall of about 7 million Fisher-Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles, the agency is aware of 10 reports of children being hurt. Six of them required medical attention.
Here's a complete listing of the 10 million different product types being recalled by Fisher-Price:
The trikes - some of which feature popular characters like Dora the Explorer and Barbie - have a protruding plastic ignition key near the seat that children can strike, sit on or fall on, leading to injuries that the commission said can include genital bleeding.
Fisher-Price is also recalling more than 1 million Healthy Care, Easy Clean and Close to Me High Chairs, after 14 reports of problems. The pegs on the back of the high chairs can be used to store the tray, but children can fall on them, resulting in cuts and other injuries. Seven children required stitches, the commission said.
CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum said manufacturers need to do more to build safety into their products before they reach store shelves. But she also offered praise for Fisher-Price for "taking the right steps by agreeing to these recalls and offering consumers free repairs or replacement."
The two other Fisher-Price recalls were:
- More than 2.8 million Baby Playzone Crawl & Cruise Playground toys, Baby Playzone Crawl & Slide Arcade toys, Baby Gymtastics Play Wall toys, Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium toys, 1-2-3 Tetherball toys and Bat & Score Goal toys. The valve of the inflatable ball on the toys can come off and pose a choking hazard to children, said CPSC. The agency said there were more than 50 reports of the valves coming off the balls.
- About 100,000 Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway toys. The wheels on the purple and green cars can come off, posing a choking hazard.
Most of the products were being recalled in the United States, but about 400,000 of them were sold in Canada.
* 72633 Hot Wheels Trike
* 72639 Barbie" Butterfly Trike
* 72642 Lil' Kawasaki® Trike
* 72643 Tough Trike
* 72644 Tough Trike
* 72792 Kawasaki Trike
* B8775 Kawasaki® Ninja® Tough Trike
* B8776 Barbie" Tough Trike
* K6672 Nick Jr./Dora the Explorer Tough Trike
* K6673 Go, Diego, Go! Tough Trike
* M5727 Barbie" Tough Trike Princess Ride-On
* N6021 Kawasaki Tough Trike
* T6209 Thomas & Friends" Tough Trike
* V4270 Go, Diego, Go!" Kid-Tough" Trike
* T4261 Little People® Wheelies" Stand 'n Play" Rampway
* V6378 Little People® Wheelies" Stand 'n Play" Rampway Gift Set
Infant toys with inflatable balls
* 73408 Baby Playzone" Crawl & Cruise Playground"
* B2408 Baby Playzone" Crawl & Slide Arcade"
* C3068 Ocean Wonders" Kick & Crawl" Aquarium
* H5704 Baby Gymtastics" Play Wall
* H8094 Ocean Wonders" Kick & Crawl" Aquarium
* J0327 1-2-3 Tetherball
* K0476 Bat & Score Goal"
* 79638 Healthy Care" High Chair
* 79639 Healthy Care" High Chair
* 79640 Healthy Care" High Chair
* 79641 Healthy Care" High Chair
* B0326 Deluxe Healthy Care" High Chair
* B2105 Deluxe Healthy Care" High Chair
* B2875 Healthy Care" High Chair
* C4630 Healthy Care" High Chair
* C4632 Link-a-doos" Deluxe Plus Healthy Care" High Chair
* C5936 Healthy Care" High Chair
* G4406 Healthy Care" High Chair
* G8659 Aquarium Healthy Care High Chair"
* H0796 Deluxe Healthy Care" High Chair
* H1152 Healthy Care" High Chair
* H4864 Aquarium Healthy Care" High Chair
* H7241 Healthy Care" High Chair
* H8906 Close to Me" High Chair
* H9178 Easy Clean" High Chair
* J4011 Easy Clean" High Chair
* J6292 Easy Clean" High Chair
* J8229 Easy Clean" High Chair
* K2927 Rainforest" Healthy Care" High Chair
* L1912 Healthy Care" High Chair
Consumers can visit the company's website at www.service.mattel.com for more information on the dates of sale and model numbers for the recalled products.
Consumer Product Safety Commission: http://www.cpsc.gov
Mattel's Fisher-Price recall website: http://service.mattel.com/us/recall.asp
Source: WPVI Channel 6 News, Philadelphia, PA