So I thought about it and one of the first things I thought of was a refreshing lemonade drink. This is the first recipe I decided to try, a strawberry lemonade I found on babycenter.com via Weelicious.com. Not only is it a great alternative to other sugary recipes, the kids can help with this too!
Strawberry Lemonade (Serves 4)
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade? Naturally sweet, frothy and refreshing!
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries, stemmed & washed
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Agave or Honey or sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- Ice for Serving
- Puree strawberries and honey (or agave) in a blender or food processor until smooth and transfer to a pitcher.
- Pour the strawberry mixture, water and lemon juice in a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Chill and serve over ice.
I strained the lemonade after everything was mixed together since I don't like pulp in my drinks. You can also alter the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the strawberries.