- 2 and 1/4 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 serving size) or 2 packages (4 serving size) Jell-O Brand Orange Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Rectangular or oval shaped sandwich cookies
- Decorator icing
- Candy corn and/or pumpkins
- Mix 2 cups of the cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the melted margarine with fork in 9x13-inch baking pan until crumbs are well moistened. Press firmly onto bottom of pan to form crust. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread over crust evenly.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in a medium bowl for 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Mix cold water and ice cubes to make 1 and 1/2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened )consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Remove any remaining ice, Spoon gelatin over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Spread remaining whipped topping over gelatin just before serving. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Decorate sandwich cookies with icings to make "tombstones". Stand tombstones on top of dessert with candies to represent a graveyard. Cut into squares and serve.