Spiced Pork and Pepper Skewers with Mango Sauce
- 1 cup cubed, peeled ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into about 32 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- Cooking Spray
For Mango Sauce:
Puree mango, orange juice, lime juice, salt and garlic in food processor or blender. Spoon into a bowl, stir in onions, basil and jalapeno. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven or grill to 450 degrees.
- Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into about 32 pieces (cubes).
- In a medium bowl, mix pork, bell pepper, oil , and seasonings. Toss well to coat.
- In a repeating pattern, thread 1 piece bell pepper and 1 pork cube onto each of the skewers.
- Place kebabs on a sprayed broiler pan or on the grill and bake 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until the pork is done. Serve with mango sauce.
Frito-Lay has also been inspire by flavors and cuisines from all over the country. From Honey Mustard to Chipotle Ranch, Frito-Lay’s delicious lineup of Lay’s Regional Flavors made with all-natural ingredients. Check out all of Frito-Lay's regionally inspired flavors HERE. I personally can't wait to try the Garden, Tomato & Basil and the Creamy Garden Ranch flavors.
Would you like to try Frito-Lays new Regionally Inspired Flavors? Fill out the form below and enter to win! This Giveaway will run from 8/23/11 to 9/6/11.
Congratulations to the new winner, Katharina S, winner of the Frito Lay Giveaway. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Thanks to Frito-Lay for providing me with a sample of chips. This blog post is a form of entry into the Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay recipe contest. Frito-Lay is also providing the Giveaway prize in this post.