Zinc Oxide has been proven effective time and time again when used properly...thick and full strength. It can help to protect the skin from UVB and UVA rays. Homemade sunscreen made with zinc oxide has long been regarded as a superior broad spectrum sun-blocking substance.
You and you child can easily whip up a batch as needed. Best part about this is that there are no harsh chemicals and you know exactly what you are applying on your family's skin.
- 1 teaspoon zinc oxide (available online or at your pharmacy)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Measure the zinc oxide and olive oil in a bowl.
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients together completely.
- Before sun exposure, apply a generous amount of the sunscreen to exposed areas.
- Reapply often, especially after play in water.
Remember, you will have to apply this sunscreen more often that commercial sunscreen. Because the mixture isn't waterproof, you'll need to reapply frequently if going in and out of the water.
Also, keep in mind that this homemade sunscreen will be visible on the skin after application.
Post a Comment